I like to make lists.
– Call the pharmacy.
– Order bunny spray.
– Clean at least one tiny bit of the basement before it eats us.
– Do everything I forgot to do Monday and moved onto Tuesday’s list.
– Do everything I forgot Tuesday and will probably forget today.
Things I Swept Up in the Kitchen:
– googly eyes
– dog hair
– basically a whole taco
– pen caps
Things I Found in My Pocket at Bedtime:
– bandaid wrappers
– one earring
– used tissue
– glass shards from the garden
– cough drop
– receipt with gum in it
Things I Stepped on Today:
– the dog’s tail
– the floor, obviously
– a child’s foot
– building straws
– half-dried green bean
– puddle of dog drool
What Was Under the Stove:
– enough dog hair to recreate Einstein’s head
– enough bug activity to…
Perhaps it would be wiser for me to spend brain energy on these lists instead:
Ways God Helped Me Today:
– Changed my attitude when it stunk.
– Helped my son’s breathing to improve during his chest cold.
– Gave me wisdom about that sick kiddo.
– Helped me notice what time it was. (I forget to check)
– Helped me connect with one of my kids and make him smile.
– Brothers getting along from time to time.
– Gave me verses and songs to strengthen my faith and remind me who I am in Christ.
– Put hope in my heart on a discouraging day.
– Listened to every prayer, even the whiny ones.
– Opened my heart to new possibilities.
I’m Thankful For…
– Sunshine and warmer weather.
– Buds on the trees.
– The power of the Lord’s blood and His resurrection!
– A new start.
– A new nature.
– Power in Christ to change and live for Him.
– My amazing husband.
– Music and art.
– 3 meals a day plus snacks.
– Improved EEG results.
– My amazing husband. Oh, I already said that. But I am very thankful for him.
Where will I put my mental energy?
People to Pray For. Verses to Memorize. Ways to Show Love. New Meals to Try.
Do you make lists? What deserves your attention? Things you step on get your attention by sheer force, but the rest, I suppose, is up to you.